Monday, June 13, 2005

Yeah, I'm a Very Good Pilot, Very Good Pilot

I was learning to pilot planes and was thinking about buying a 747, so I flew to Russia and decided to try one out. I took it up with my friends Jake and Jason, who I happened to be out drinking with last night. I was going in to land in the middle of this mountain range, but there was a big semi in the middle of the runway, so I pulled up, WAY up. I was completely vertical and kind of losing my bearings. By the time I got it under control we were 400k feet in the atmosphere and Jason was freaking out telling me I was an idiot. Then he’s like, "Ok, someone has to stay with the ship as it’s burning on re-entry, I’ll do it." I grabbed him and said, "That’s stupid, I’m the pilot I have to do it." So, I went into the cockpit and did what needed to be done, got us into the earth’s atmosphere and put it on auto pilot and came back to tell them that we were going to be ok. As soon as I got to the back the plane dove straight down and we looked out the window and all we could do was stare as the ground got bigger and bigger. We strapped ourselves in and the plane landed nose first next to my house. We got out of the plane, which was sticking straight out of the ground, our women came running out of my house all freaking out. They started hugging us and telling us they thought for sure we were going to die.

Then I woke up, this is an awful lot like what happened in the latest Star Wars when Anakin had to pilot the ship back in to the atmosphere and crash landed, guess that's where it came from? But over the years, I've had at least a dozen dreams about crashlanding a plane and miraculously making it out alive. One time I dreamt I crashlanded a 757 and as it was skidding on the runway, pieces kept breaking off and eventually I ended up riding a fast-shrinking piece of metal, skateboard style, until it disappeared and I tumbled to a stop. That one was pretty cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home